Tuesday, April 26, 2005

One Final Request.

Claude Peace Jr. passed away on April 24, 2005. His last wish was to have the following text posted on his blog. This final post was written on a pad of paper by his bedside table before he slipped into an unconsiousness state in which he remained until his death. It is difficult to determine when this was written, but he was unconscious for roughly a week.
-Mark Peace



Hello Everyone.

This is written from Beyond the Grave!. Well, not quite. In the last week or so, my body decided to take a sudden turn for the worst, like a derailed train headed straight for a dynamite factory. Somehow, through the whole process of biodegration my body is undergoing, my brain was preserved. How baffling! It must be all of those delicious food preservatives that line any food packaged in the United States. I'm still as sharp as when I was 23, when on this date I managed to stub my toe and fall down the stairs within 5 minutes of waking up.

I began life feeble and meek and that's the way it's going to end. My voice has become soft, not that it was ever particularly strong, but it has taken on a bizarre, gentle tone that makes me sound like a personified fluffy caterpillar. My daughter combs through my hair like a 5-year-old with the flu. I wear a diaper. Jesus Christ, a goddamned diaper. Yet I'm fully conscious through all of it. They don't allow me alcohol so I can drink myself into silliness so I can grasp the humor of a disgusted nurse changing my diaper. Sometimes there isn't any justice in this world.

Well, enough lurid details into my useless body and its hilarious potty foibles. The last few days, I have been doing absolutely nothing but watching cable news, soaking up as much of the fluffy good-time psuedo-news as possible. That's the great thing about channels like CNN. If you think of it as a large package delivered to your door, most of its contents is styrofoam peanuts, which are always fun. One time, a friend of mine who was a science teacher demonstrated to me that some styrofoam peanuts are safe to swallow. Delicious! It's no wonder that the nation doesn't think it's headed toward its own doom, if you stick to the styrofoam peanuts on cable news, you'd think the world was just one large perpetuating celebrity scandal. The war in Iraq worsens? Impossible! Why? Because Michaels Jackson is on trial!

This is the state the world is in as I quietly stroll out life's back door. The conservatives have a stranglehold on the United States' politics. The country is fighting two foreign wars at the same time. There's whispers and murmers of a draft being instituted. Thank God it's so hard to pay for college or else there wouldn't be anyone in the military at all.

I've never killed a man in my life. This I consider to be one of my major accomplishments. Other accomplishments include,

-Never vomiting in public
-Never killing a centipede no matter how scary they appear

Those are the two things I am proudest of. I've lead a riviting life.

This life is about to end. When I was about 40, I drew a picture of what I thought the afterlife looked like. I put a note in here to attach that picture to this post.



The white specks were not intentional, I sneezed on the damn thing within 10 minutes of drawing it.

In closing, thanks to all of you who read this blog, you must have a high tolerance level for Old. I wish you many years of healthy life, followed by a quick unexpected death in your sleep, so you don't have to go through the horrible shitstorm I've been undergoing the last few years.

Well, this is the last post that I'm putting up here. Hopefully my family respects my final earthly request, to be embalmed and turned into a living marionette, so they can have all of the fun of Grandpa without any of his dry verbal laments to a world that is ending at a rapid pace.

Have a nice week. I know I will.

6 Comments:

Anonymous mary said...

Only someone as egotistical as you would write a death note to be posted on the internet. I hope your insensitive ass goes to hell.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Ramsey said...

Only the good die young. You'll be missed.

10:23 PM  
Blogger minnie said...

:( Get well soon...

12:54 PM  
Blogger haroldammons0243 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:01 PM  
Blogger edsmith5119616817 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:19 AM  
Blogger joemiller7973222309 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home